Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Really!?! It's Over!

Um, wow.

So yesterday was an eventful day here at Synful Ramblings. I guess I have to thank a website (which I won't post because I don't want to send any traffic there) for posting a link to my blog below titled Why the Girl-on-Girl Crime?. Though I'm a bit frightened by the delightfully rude posters it brought to the blog. And it really is quite rude to go into someone's virtual "home" and post some of the things that you posted. But it only proves my point about the girl-on-girl crime. Based on names alone, most of you who posted these nasty comments were female. So I guess I should thank you also for proving my point. Maybe I would just have to be a woman to understand the deep-seated hatred that you people have for Danielle. Someone who you will likely never meet in your life, with the exception of "Megan" who clearly has some sort of personal vendetta against the woman.

You all do realize that Big Brother Season 14 is over right? I watched the finale, so I know it's over, so I was wondering where you people might have been. Just so you know, the finale occurred September 19th at 830p Central Time on your local CBS station. In case you missed it, here's a link to Part 1. Watch it, it's a pretty good episode. Spoiler Alert, the object of your hatred doesn't win, so you can rest easy that it will end badly for you. She doesn't even get America's Favorite, so seriously, you won't be upset over it.

By the way, you've likely noticed that Blog Comments have been disabled. I will not allow my blog to become a platform for your hatred. My true friends know how to reach me should they want to share a comment with me about whatever I may post in the future. I attempted comment moderation, but my inbox quickly filled up with hate comments just waiting to be published.

Next, I want to give Melinda Murphree a chance to speak, because I would hate for her 2nd post about her daughter's experience on Big Brother to be deleted because of "haters" (yes I called you people that again, omg).

Melinda MurphreeSeptember 24, 2012 2:48 PM
Yes, thank you for shedding light within a very dark underworld. Danielle is doing fine, naturally she has moments that breaks ones heart. Regarding mention of her support system -- she has the best one can offer. To the folks that may not like her play but are still kind, thank you!! I did have the feeds; logged over 100 hours I believe. I am not attempting to defend all of her conversations as it isn't realistic. However I have seen multiple posts regarding China, the gypsies, etc. Danielle was involved with the People to People Student Ambassador program to China her junior high school year. As well, during another travel venture her Home Ec teacher told her to straighten up or she would sell her to the gypsies while in Italy. Didn't see the feed on this just a memory. Also, my mother is a member of Mensa (sorry mom!) and her father -- Danielles great grandfather was a chemist. He in fact invented the formula for soap now used within laundry detergent. Lastly, we live on a bluff (yes she is a true country girl :)) and our Rhodesian Ridgeback, Ringo, saved her from a sure incident when she was a mere toddler. My first post was preseason .. and now my 2nd post. But who really cares about any of this info anyway???? Danielle, if you ever see this you are my rock! Love, Mom

Melinda, and I have to assume that you are who you really are because I have no choice really. And that's cool with me. But in the world of the internet you can never be 100% certain that you are talking to who your are really talking to. Anyhow, I am truly honored that you chose my blog as a place to post your thoughts about this. It's clear that you love and support your daughter, and I am certain that Danielle will be absolutely fine. She had a terrific summer, and though she didn't win the grand prize or even 2nd place, she is one of four people so far who can say that she spent an entire season of Big Brother in the Big Brother House despite not winning. She joins the ranks of Adam Poch, Enzo Palumbo, and Kevin Campbell. That is a huge accomplishment and she can walk away with an experience of a lifetime. Now, please take my advice, and please stop reading internet posts about Big Brother and/or your daughter. I have learned this season, that Big Brother is better enjoyed with true friends, than it is with Big Brother communities. The hate runs rampant in these groups, and it's truly not something that one person has the power to stop. There aren't enough mods in most communities to put out those fires. And the only option for a blog writer like myself is to disable comments completely. There aren't many people that have the credibility to do that, so the hate continues. That cycle, at least in my little corner of the internet stops here. Nothing healthy will come of the vast majority of Big Brother communities, including SuperPass. Spicy was a complete and utter bitch (Hater's take note, I called someone a bitch, but I am not perfect and don't claim to be, but that doesn't mean I'm going to decimate Spicy's life for the public to criticize and salivate over while forming the line to rip her apart.) during the backyard interviews that played on SuperPass. She deliberately tried to hurt Danielle with her not-so-clever but oh-so-obvious questions. So again I say, SuperPass is not a safe place. I would stick to CBS only, and even then I would be extremely cautious because Allison Grodner Productions really did nothing to try to dial back the hate, and the edits even fueled some of it. Again thank you for stopping by my modest virtual "home". Please know that I am wishing only good things for you and your daughter's future.

Also a special thanks to Tiffany Yeung regarding my "bravery" to speak up against the haters. I don't really consider it bravery, just trying to do the right thing.

To the posters who mentioned my use of the word "crime" in the previous blog. This was not meant to be crime in the literal sense of the word. In fact I think I ripped the line from the movie "Mean Girls". Ironic right? I wasn't trying to insinuate that you could be prosecuted for your hate speech, but you should be ashamed. Though I do think the stalkerish tendencies displayed by some of the "haters" that I personally witnessed could actually be criminal, at least in some states. But I don't have a law degree so I couldn't say with any certainty.

To the poster that said they found it funny that I tried to shame you for "hating" on Danielle, but that I was guilty for "hating" on Chick-Fil-A, Thanks for that laugh. It was really fun trying to decipher how the two correlated. Equating a small group of individuals expressing their hatred of one reality star to a national movement that perpetuated discrimination on a national scale just does not compute. But you did make me laugh, so you get bonus points.

Now, as I’ve mentioned, the game is over. I’m one of those fans who can separate the person from the gamer. The Danielle we saw on the shows and the live feeds was the gamer. The Danielle we see outside of the house and what she does beyond the Game of Big Brother, is the person. I don’t believe that the two are carbon copies of each other. It is absolutely fine if you aren’t one of the people that has the capacity to differentiate the two. But it is not in anyway healthy for you to hold on to this hatred for a character on a reality television show. Danielle does not owe you an apology. She made decisions that were just that, HER decisions. The only people she has to answer to for that are those people she holds close to her and whatever higher power she chooses if any. I do not, and will not, understand the personal hurt feelings that you as a viewer will have. Matt Hoffman made a horrific lie about a medical condition that his wife had and blatantly used that to hopefully win the game and prize money. Yet, he didn’t get pages and pages and posts and posts professing the author’s hatred and personal injury because of it. But, Matt Hoffman is a man. And still it seems that some women can only make themselves feel better by tearing down other women.

Thank you for your attention. I fully expect that my little blog will quickly be returned to less than 5 page views a day, but for one day in 2012, I reached over 1,400 page views during that 24 hours, so I guess that’s pretty cool. Now that you no longer have a place to voice your hatred here, please find another place, or better yet, heal, and get over it. Enjoy your life. And perhaps skip Big Brother next season. Best wishes to you all.

Disclaimer: Though I live in Alabama, I have never been to Tuscaloosa and do not personally know Danielle or anyone in her family, nor do I believe I will ever meet her.